summer header

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The First Two Quilts of the Year!

Despite the fact that I'm no great photographer (although I am in my head...) and that we just got a new camera, these photos are from the old camera.  That's all I'll say.  On to the quilting.

My husband works with someone who is pregnant with twins.  I have a soft spot for these ladies, I tell you.  So, I searched through my stash, wanting to stick with blues and greys as they are both boys.  I wanted them to be similar but not the same.


One is free motion quilted with a cheater binding (thank you Rae) and the other is done with straight line quilting - which I always expect to be easier than it is...  I think I have some things to learn here - either about speed (I really like going fast) or about basting (a pucker or two...).



There is nothing like taking a quilt out of the dryer and gazing at all it's crinkly glory.  I LOVE that!  I'm pretty pleased with how they came out.  My first quilt finish of the year x2!!

Twin Boys

Twin Boys


Linking up:


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your two finishes, Beth! Doesn't it feel good? You'll get the hang of the straight line quilting before you know it.

    ReplyDelete