summer header

Monday, May 20, 2013

a baby quilt~

well, i certainly didn't mean to stop quilting.  really.  i just find this season of my life to be particularly challenging.  the demands of motherhood keep me hopping, and although i thought i would have more time for sewing as my kids got older, i find they need me more as a presence... to take a walk with, to read to, to take skating or swimming, etc.  they need me to be more present in their lives... available.

making this quilt was pure joy.  a lovely couple in our church expecting their second child, a girl.  i was completely inspired by emily of mle knits and her crosses quilt. i raided my stash and found a kona curry and some prints from the innocent crush line as well as some others that really seemed to work well together.  i pieced the crosses section with three inch squares and bound it with signals, from innocent crush.


anya's quilt


anya's quilt


anya's quilt


Edited to add: I'm entering it into the Blogger's Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative Side.


AmysCreativeSide.com

6 comments:

  1. How lovely - it looks very cozy all wrinkled like that! And those colours…!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors, Beth! What a lovely gift to give!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It' lovely Beth! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt! I adore all the texture! And yes, I too found that as my kids got older the time that they needed from me didn't lessen, and often grew. I too, tried to always be there for them, and just sewed in-between. Sometimes it was stressful and I wondered when I was going to get more "Me" time. But looking back, (they are 25 and 20 now) I have no regrets over any quilts that didn't get made, and often miss the days when I could read to them, play with them, and just have fun with them. It goes by in a blink of an eye. Keep doing what you are doing, you sound like a good Mom!

    ReplyDelete