summer header

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

241 Tote

I've made this tote before for my sister.  It's the fabulous Noodlehead's 241 Tote.  This year, she requested one for a dear friend, who loved the one I made for her.  I am always so happy to make something for someone else... I love thinking about who they are as I make fabric selections.  Actually, that part takes more time and mental energy than cutting and sewing!!

This pattern is so fantastic and easy to whip up!  I love the finished look and the size.  The outside pockets are great for little things.  The only change I made was to add interfacing to the strap sew five lines of stitching along it.

The yellow fabric is a "Sew Classic Linen" from Jo-Ann's - it's a great mustardy yellow that is an exact match to the yellow in Cloud 9's Cut out and Keep.


Joy's Bag


Joy's Bag


Joy's Bag


8 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Miss Joy will LOVE it as it matches her blue eyes. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag looks great, Beth! Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colour combo Beth! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that yellow is grand. and i love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! How funny is it that I am headed upstairs right now to finish a quilt, which is backed in these exact prints (Cut Out and Keep)? I love them on your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Gorgeous fabric combination for a stunning bag.

    ReplyDelete