summer header

Sunday, April 29, 2012

KCWC, etc.

Well, I really didn't do well with Kids Clothes Week Challenge with Elsie Marley (although I did spend an inordinate amount of time looking at the flickr group, does that count??).  I made one raglan tee (Figgy's Tee for Two) and waited for more fabric to come from fabric.com.  This was a great shirt to sew, and I am proud of myself for making it.  The solid fabric is a pretty stretchy knit - polyester and rayon from Joann.  Unfortunately, it is a bit snug on Emma - although she loves it. So, when I try again it'll have to be a 10.  It was hard for me to wrap my brain around sewing this - as you leave the edges raw.  You actually sew right sides together vs. wrong sides, which is just hard for me to do.  This tutorial is fabulous - I couldn't have done it without studying it over and over:  kelly.hogaboom.org/?p=6023 or her photos starting here:  www.flickr.com/photos/kellyhogaboom/4641090584/

Tee for Two size 8


The organic cottons I ordered will work great, but I ordered some knits for me and I'm not sure they'll work out.  They are rather thin looking.  I'm a little worried about with sewing them.

I had hemming to do and another pattern to try, but this was a big week for me with several things looming....  a  demonstration lesson for Reading Recovery, appointments for the kids most days, and piano playing at church today.  I hope next week is easier and I can try some more things.

I am completely obsessed with looking for photos in my flickr feed of folks taking the NOW:YOU workshop.   Such interesting compositions and text.  How we see ourselves... who we think we are.

I've been playing around with taking self-portraits.  I NEVER see myself in photos.  #1 - no one takes pictures of me, #2 - I'm taking the pictures, and #3 - we never print pictures!!  Here are a couple favorites.  Playing around with picmonkey helped!


another



part of me

After feeling less than productive this weekend (lots of soccer and baseball), I sewed together this baby quilt - inspired by Namoo ( www.flickr.com/photos/namoohandmade/5766015491/) .  It's been on a mental to-do list for some time.  Love the greys and yellows.  Hope to bind it tomorrow.  



yellow and grey

1 comment:

  1. I never have any pictures of myself either. I am always the one behind the camera. I'm not even sure if Mr Rae KNOWS how to operate the camera. Should ask. Love the eyeball shot. And nice T42!! Also loved your awesome Spring Tops..just haven't had time to comment! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete