summer header

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Yarn Along

Linking up with Ginny's Yarn Along this week.  I have been dreaming about Veera's Color Affection for some time, now.  Just trying to figure out if I can use yarn I have - or do I need to get something to go along with what I have.  This lovely alpaca came from Charlottesville and a trip to Stony Mountain Fibers with my sister last spring.  I loved the color and bought two big skeins not even knowing what size needle to use or what to knit with it.  It is LUSH-ous.

Yarn Along


The novel Pope Joan is a fast read - I love historical fiction and this fits the bill.  Huh?  There was a woman pope, ever?  Interesting, indeed.

Last week I finished 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker.  Month by month Jen gives up something - almost like fasting in different areas of her life.  For the first month - food - she eats only 7 items all month long.  This book really gets to how we spend and do without thinking and how taking a break from some or all of it - in even small bursts - can rejuvinate and restore us in our thinking about how and why we were created.  Loved it and would read it again.

3 comments:

  1. THat "7" book sounds awesome. definitely seeing if we've got it at our library. And that yarn looks absolutely scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! your color affection is going to be gorgeous! that looks like a super fun pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled upon your blog by accident, and I'm so glad I did! What a coincidence, I just finished 7 as well! I LOVED it, and I feel like it has changed my perspective forever. At least I hope so. Thanks for sharing!
    Anna
    http://lassothemoon.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete