summer header

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Batik Crosses Finished

I finished this one up last week, just in time to head out of town for some fun with my besties from college!  This quilt was gifted today and I think it will be well-loved.  If you haven't given this zig-zag tutorial a try, I'd highly recommend it.  I did the reverse of what Rachel did - that is, I sewed the binding onto the back and then zigzagged the binding sewing it on the front, so I could see where I was sewing.  I also tried a 3/8 inch and that didn't work for me - I ended up sewing it on with a 1/4 inch just like I normally do.

Batik Crosses Quilt

Batik Crosses Quilt

Batik Crosses Quilt



Batik Crosses Quilt





























Now onto the weekend...  The time spent together was fantastic and we had some of the best food ever.  My mouth has been happy all weekend long!  Sorry, no pictures of food, just the yurt we stayed in.


IMG_1008


IMG_0997

No comments:

Post a Comment